What to Pack for a Clearwater Fishing Charter
You have reserved your fishing charter and are ready to go. What do you need to take on the journey? Most of the articles we recommend are for comfort and protection while enjoying your St.Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa Bay or Costa Rica inshore or deep sea fishing charters.
Be prepared on your fishing charter
Be prepared for changing weather conditions during various parts of the day. Layered clothing is an excellent choice, as mornings are colder and late afternoons are warmer. Always be prepared for the occasional rain shower that may stroll in. The time of year will also have a bearing on your fishing attire. Your charter Captain will will provide you the most up to date weather conditions just prior to your trip. Be sure to ask!
Proper protection for your fishing charter
Proper protection from the sun is essential for an enjoyable day on the water. Protective clothing and adequate sun screening products will keep you safe. The sun’s direct rays, and the sun’s reflection off the water, can be very dangerous for your skin, even when you are under shade. Don’t be stupid, no sunburns please.
Recommended Items to think about when packing for your inshore or deep-sea fishing charters:
- Non-skid rubber sole shoes are highly recommended
- Dress in light colored clothing as to not retain heat on hot days
- Lightweight micro-fiber long sleeve shirts to protect arms from the sun are optimum
- Take your largest hat (wide brimmed is the most protection)
- Short shorts when hot, long when cool
- Waterproof windbreaker for possible rain and cool mornings
- Swimsuit, as you never know when you’ll get the urge for a refreshing dip
- Polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes, cut the glare and to see fish better
- Sunscreen and lip balm that protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Seasickness medication if you’re prone to seasickness
- Bug spray for inshore fishing by the mangroves
- Hand sanitizer if you don’t want to smell like bait
- Waterproof bag or backpack for your personal belongings
- Camera or smartphone to record your best catch
When properly packed for your fishing charter, you can chill and enjoy the day knowing that you have every angle covered. You can enjoy the day catching a variety of fish on your Costa Rica, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg and Clearwater fishing charter including but not limited to, Tarpon, Snook, Trout, Redfish, Kingfish, Grouper, Snapper, Tuna, Swordfish and Mahi.
Choosing a fishing charter Captain
It’s important to do your research when it comes time to decide on which charter Captain you would like to spend the day with. Do some research to help determine if a charter Captain would be beneifical for your needs. Be sure and read the reviews of any fishing charter you are considering. It’s recommended not to only go by the rating number, but see what people are sharing.
If you’re on the market for a Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Costa Rica or Tampa Bay Fishing Charter, be sure and give the crew at YACHTFISH Fishing Charters a call. Our experience with YACHTFISH and Captain Matt Douglas has been second to none. We strongly recommend giving them a try. We can guarantee you’ll be happy you did.